Well, I have yet again another prayer request. Our adoption agency called us two days again and said that they were shutting down the Kazakhstan program due to problems with their in-country partners. Long story short, we are pretty devastated and confused. We have a couple decisions to make soon. Our agency has kind of made a deal with another agency to take our the cases of those who were in the process, but we don't know anything about this agency or what additional costs there might be yet. They also said to expect a longer time frame if we do go with them. Our other option is to get whatever money back we can and go back to square one. We do still feel like God wants us to adopt. We aren't sure what we are exactly supposed to do right now though. Please pray that we receive direction and guidance over the next few days as we need to make a decision fairly quickly.
We are trusting in God's plan and timing and really just want to do what He wants us to do (but we were really excited to get a baby this summer so it is hard). Thanks for your support and I'll keep everyone posted.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Our prayers are with you , we are sure you will know what God has in store for you even though now it is very hard to see the next step
This is heartbreaking news. I'm so sorry :( I'll be praying.
Allison
Hello. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I am wondering who your new agency might be? If you put that information out, other bloggers might be able to offer recommendations to you. As you already know, this whole process is a series of ups and downs. Try not to get attached to a specific timeframe, because it seems like adoptions from Kazakhstan are just taking longer than they used to, especially if you want a girl. Best wishes to you - keep your heads up and remember that if you proceed, you will get there eventually.
I am so sorry to hear about this bump in the road. I'm sure right now it's just heartbreaking but soon you'll look back on it and realize that you wouldn't have your sweet baby if this had not happened. I had a number of long confusing delays as well but I know it all lead me to my Lexie. So once you get past your shock and confusion try to see this as getting on the right road to your child.
Can I ask who is the agency your current agency is suggesting? If you'd like to tell me privately my email is louannquast@yahoo.com. I know my coordinator has help out a couple other families that have found themselves in this position so I could give you her contact info if you'd like. She has been working in Kaz for 10+ years so you'd be in great hands. Anyway, feel free to email me if you'd like to know more about her.
Whatever you do will be the best thing for you and your family. So take a deep breath and pray. You'll find the right path soon.
Take care,
Lou Ann Mom to 3 1/2 year old Lexie from Aktau Kaz
www.louannsadoption.blogspot.com
I'm very sorry to hear this. We place a significant amount of trust in the agencies and it can be traumatic when that is broken. If I were in your shoes, I would start calling agencies to find out about transferring - what is involved, what is transferrable (costs and paperwork), what is not, what are the timelines. There are other agencies who will work with you to help you to transfer easily. You might want to try LMI (our agency) as they have a long history in Kaz with good partners in many regions and just announced that the Kaz program timeline is speeding up. I know of other families who had failed adoptions or processes and switched to LMI and were very happy that they did so. I know that it is hard to think about losing fees that you've already paid too, but remember that most of the cost is in travel and in-country fees so if things were going to go bad, it is better that they did so before you left for Kaz. Good luck to you and God bless.
I must too offer my sympathies and encouragement. We have been in process for 19 months and are very close to actually getting our dossier submitted to the NY Consulate. I do believe that when God allows one door to close, that He often opens another.
My husband and I actually began our journey with a Christian organization and ended up switching agencies after about a year. "Back to square one almost". Our original agency was WONDERFUL, but just did not have the relationship in Kaz that a few other agencies have. We actually were drawn to an agency that we have felt very good about since switching. We don't believe we made the wrong decision starting with another agency. We have felt strongly that it was just part of the plan. Hang in there, and if you would like to e-mail me privately, please feel free.
Blessings!
Janie
deanjanie@aol.com
wow! i am so sorry that this has happened to you. you must feel very discouraged. but, like the others said...god's timing may not make sense to us, but there are reasons for the road blocks. he will bring you to your child. on another note, we LOVE our agency! they are a christian agency and are so supportive and understanding. let me know if you would like their info. my email is rayna dot eyerman at gmail dot com. good luck with your decision!
That must be heart breaking! I will def be praying for you guys as you make this decision! My husband and I just recently began an adoption from Kaz. I cant imagine how you guys must feel.
I have enjoyed following your blog! :)
Post a Comment