Countdown

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Any recommendations?

Thanks for all the supportive comments already. It really is encouraging. The agency that is being recommended to us to transfer to is Nighlight Christian Adoptions. Does anyone know anything about them? Recommend them or not?

Thanks again!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I don't know much about Night light but I do know My agency has taken over cases for people that have been left by their former agencies. I don't know what the procedures are or if there is any extra expenses but it is worth a try. We are on our second Kazakhstan adoption. We worked with another agency for our first one and this time I did my homework. We found one that has a great in country staf which is VERY important in the Kaz world. If you would like to contact them they are WHAL Adoption. Contact Regina@whaladoption.org Their main focus is unting children with their forever families. If you would like to read more about our story to our newest little one it is www.twoheartsatummyandaring.blogspot.com My email is bssegebarth@aol.com if you want to talk to me personally! I wish you all the luck, I can't imagine how hard this is for you guys. I am praying that it all works our either way.

Stacy

tac said...

We adopted our little girl from Karaganda this past spring. The agency we used was WPA (World Partner Adoptions), which has since closed down, and transferred their Kaz program (and staff) to IAG (International Adoption Guides)
http://www.adoptionguides.org/index-3.html

Who ever you decide to go with, make sure that they a have a strong in country staff -- From what I've read on blogs and seen first hand, the in country staff will make a significant difference.

you can read our story @ http://tntc.wordpress.com

Good luck!
T

bdfaust said...

Hi! I am sorry that things have gone the way they have for you. My husband & I had been considering adopting from Kazkahstan & we attended a meeting at an agency in Wilmington, NC last month. The agence is Children at Heart & they only do adoptions from Kazakhstan right now. We were very impressed with them & when/if we decide what we are going to do, that will be the agency we would like to use. They only do adoptions at one baby house in Karaganda, Kazakhstan. If you'd like to look them up, their website is childrenatheart.com. Their adoptive parents seemed very satisfied with the process & with the agency. They have offices in Wilmington, NC & also New York. Hope this helps. Praying for the best for your family.

Amy said...

Adoption Ark is a well known agency that has strong contacts in Kazakhstan. I adopted my daughter in 2008 from Kazakhstan through them. They are very ethical and know exactly how the system works in Kazakhstan.