Well, we did get more of a firm due date this week from our adoption coordinator...August 24th. It's a little bit later than I had originally hoped but God knows best. My mom also told me that I forgot to mention on the last post that our baby will be African American as well! Which means I have also been reading up on Black Hair and Skin Care. Here is a awesome adoptive mom who sends out instructional videos on Youtube for styling black hair. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Katelynylyn#p/u/7/9Tsjz7WDRyg
This waiting thing is hard to do though :) Robby and I have had a lot of projects on the house that have been keeping us busy, as well as a lot of company over, but it is still hard to wait for this baby to get here :) We know God's timing is perfect, as is His plan, so we are praying that we would keep our hands open.
It has been fun to work on getting the nursery together (and I will post pictures soon) and I have been working on a life book for the baby as well. A life book is like a baby book that is specifically created for an adopted child. Here is a link from Focus on the Family about life books:
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/adoptive_families/your_childs_adoption_life_story/a_tool_for_telling_a_childs_life_story.aspx
Also, don't forget to vote on whether you think the baby will be a boy or girl!
Thanks for the continued support and prayers!
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Friends! I haven't read all of the previous posts, but wondered if your baby is in NC? And if it is a boy, I can teach you all about brown skin and hair care! EZRA LEAVES THE HOUSE LOOKING LIKE A SUPERSTAR! :) gIRLS HAIR I KNOW ABOUT CARING FOR, BUT NOT SO MUCH THE STYLING! Have u read about Mongolian Spots? Is your baby pretty much 100% AA, or is he/she bi or triracial like Ezra?
Also, about your life book, it is so much fun! Ezra has an extensive lifebook, scrapbooks, prayer journal, boxes of mimentos, etc...
Also, as a first-time newborn mommy, like you all, I started a daily journal about Ezra the morning after he was born. It is a 60+ Word document on my laptop. An entry might describe him, what he did, who came over, how you both feel about him, etc... as he grows you can include how much he weighs, ate, etc... Now that Ezra is 2, I spend time documenting words and phrases he says, the places we go, events, and the new things he discovers about himself and the world around him!
*** I really encourage you both to do this, for a few minutes each night..it will help you calm down when you are tired. Also, because of the fatigue you will experience and the HORMONES, yes I said it.....Emily will have a bio-chemical response to this baby and it will be triggered by hormones! Because you are going to be exhausted and hormone-crazed, the first 6 months will be hazy! Doing the journal each night will allow u to survive the chronic fatigue when you can go back and read what you wrote and actually recall some of it! I still go back and read many of the earlier entries! I'll e-mail you guys what I'm talkin about! Sorry to be so wordy.....I am just in love with adoption!
Congratulations! I'll keep praying for health/safety for baby and birthmom, health/safety for you two, and that God's will would fulfill the desires of your heart in August!
Love to you both,
Roberta
Mama to Ezra John
Continuing to pray for this adoption. I know you must be excited. Names?
Pam
Post a Comment