We are in the beginning throes of redoing our paperwork. We aren't even into redoing our dossier docs yet, but we are just trying to get all the agency/home study stuff updated/redone. I was feeling discouraged today because it feels like we are going backwards instead of forwards. Robby said it well, "it's like when you were in college and you typed a long paper and then hit the wrong button and lose it all." We both decided that we are going to use this time to trust in the Lord's timing and plan and He already showed me His sweet grace tonight. I went to read my Bible and a daily devotional I read, and the devotion for February 11th was all about not losing heart or giving up! Here is the passage I read:
Hebrews 12:1-3
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
We feel like God has led us to adopt so we will not lose heart but keep persevering. Thanks everyone for your prayers...they are working :)
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hug.
I'm glad you're moving forward. And thanks for including the Bible passage. I've been struggling with waiting to hear about when we might travel. If its not soon we'll have to redo our dossier (don't need to explain that one to you). I've been clinging to 'With God all things are possible.'
I wish you all the best. Its hard but follow your heart and you will find you child.
Post a Comment